The East-West Center Graduate Fellowship program is aimed to promote cross-cultural understanding and cooperation between the United States and the people of Asia and the Pacific. Fellowships are given to graduate students from East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and the Pacific Islands who are enrolled in full-time graduate study program at the University of Hawaii at Mānoa (UHM). East-West Center graduate student’s fellows live together and interact with each other in both academic and social activities since the Center’s main aim is to foster a sense of Asia-Pacific community. Moreover, fellows are provided with opportunities to take part in special academic programs, field trips, cultural activities, and other events funded by the East-West Center. Fellows also have right of entry to the resources of the University of Hawaii at Manoa, including its libraries, computer facilities, and recreation centers.
The East-West Center Fully-Funded Fellowship Program offers students the opportunity to gain inspiring and sensational experience while studying in the United States. The EWC fellowship for international students from all over the world includes full tuition and fees, books, housing in an East-West Center residence, and partial funding toward meals, health insurance, and incidental expenditures. The EWC Past fellows have gone on to successful careers in academia, government, diplomacy, business, and other fields. The East-West Center Graduate Fellowship is an outstanding opportunity for those interested in undertaking a career that involves commitment with Asia and the Pacific region.
The University of Hawaii at Mānoa (UHM) is a public land-grant research university in Mānoa USA. Established in 1907, UHM now offers over 200 degree programs to about 20,000 students from all 50 states and over 100 countries worldwide. In addition to its astronomical academic status, UHM is also known for its vibrant campus life. Students can take part in over 300 student organizations, including sports clubs, Greek life, and cultural groups. With its perfect weather and beautiful environment, it’s no wonder that UHM is often named one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Whether you’re looking for academic brilliance or a beautiful place to call home for four years, the University of Hawaii at Mānoa is definitely assets considering.
East-West Center Graduate Fellowship 2023 Details:
- Fellowship Host Country: USA
- Host University: University of Hawaii
- Course level: Masters, Ph.D. Degree
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: Students from Asia, the Pacific & United States
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2022.
Available Study Fields
- Public Administration
- Pacific Island Studies
- Master of Law
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Business Administration
- Business Administration (Global MBA-Japan Track)
- Tropical Plant & Soil Science
- Ocean and Resources Engineering
List of Eligible Countries:
- Pacific Region: Australia, Marshall Islands, American Samoa, French, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Guam, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Northern Marianas, Papua New Guinea, Palau, Solomon Islands, Samoa, Tuvalu, Tonga, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
- United States
- South Asia: Pakistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Iran, India, Maldives, Afghanistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka
- Southeast Asia Countries: Singapore, Burma, Thailand, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam
- East Asia: Taiwan, China, North Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Mongolia, Macau, South Korea, Russia
Selected applicants for the University of Hawaii Graduate Fellowships 2023 will get the following benefits.
- Full Tuition Fee
- A monthly salary to partially cover meals and other expenditures
- Round Airfare Tickets
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Books and incidental expenses.
- Applicants must be national of one of the countries listed above.
- Must have offer a Master’s Degree or Ph.D. Degree at the recognized university.
- Candidates must hold an undergraduate degree or its equivalent with an excellent academic record.
- Candidate must have two years of full-time professional work experience
- Candidates have oral and written skills in the English Language.
- Applicants age should be or less than 35 years—the age limit maybe 45 years for programs suitable for senior officials and managers.
- Candidates need to be in good mental and physical health.
The last date to apply for the University of Hawaii Graduate Degree Fellowship 2023 in the United States for International students is 1 December 2022.
You May Also Apply: Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2023 in USA |Funded
Procedure to Apply for The East-West Center Graduate Fellowship 2023:
- Candidates who are not already enrolled as classified graduate students at the University of Hawaii Mānoa essential apply by December 1 for the following fall semester.
- Candidates may submit their applications online using the University of Hawaii’s application portal.
- To make sure that your EWC application is processed on time, all supporting documentation for your UH admissions office and department applications essential to be completed