Welcome you all, the Italian Government Scholarships provides scholarships by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific, and technological fields, encourage the Italian language and culture, and support Italy’s economic system in the world. The scholarship program is available to foreign citizens as well as Italian citizens living abroad (IRE). The scholarships are offered for the academic year 2022-23. The purpose of the scholarships is to provide financial aid to students who want to study in Italy. The MAECI will provide scholarships on a competitive basis. The selection standards include academic merit, personal motivation, financial need and proficiency in the Italian language. The MAECI provide a limited number of scholarships each year, and preference will be given to those candidates who have not previously received a scholarship from the Italian Government.
You may also apply for: University of Melbourne Scholarships 2022 in Australia-Fully Funded
The Italian Government Scholarship Program for Foreign Citizens was founded in order to enhancing the number of international students studying in Italy. The program offers scholarships for 3, 6, or 9 months depending on the kind of course at a university or higher education institution in Italy. The scholarships are provided based on merit, and preference is given to applicants who have demonstrated financial need. The scholarship program has been successful in attracting a diverse group of students from all over the globe, and it has helped to enhance international cooperation and understanding.
You may also apply for: University of Miami Stamps Scholarship 2022-23 in USA |Fully Funded
The Italian Government Scholarship Program 2022 provides a number of scholarships for international students who want to pursue higher education in the country. The scholarships are provided for the first year of study and are renewable subjects to sufficient academic performance. Scholarships are provided for 4 different study schemes: Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Master’s Degree, Music and Dance (AFAM), Ph.D. program, and Research under academic supervision. Italy is a famous center of excellence for higher education, with a long tradition of academic excellence dating back to the Italian Renaissance. The country is home to some of the world’s oldest and most reputable universities, such as the University of Bologna, the University of Padua, and the University of Florence. With its world-class education and beautiful scenery, Italy is an ideal place for international students looking to further their studies.
You may also apply for: UK GREAT Scholarships 2022-23 in UK |Funded
Italian Government Scholarships 2022 Summary:
- Host Country: Italy
- Course Level: Masters/PhD
- Institution(s): Italian Higher Education Institutes
- Program Time Period: Three, six, or nine months depending on the type of course.
- Deadline to apply: June 9, 2022.
You may also apply for: Harvard University MBA Scholarship in USA 2022 |Full Funded
Italian government scholarships Benefits:
- Candidates will be free from paying tuition and enrollment fees; however, this depends on the policy of every university.
- During the entire duration of the scholarship, MAECI will give students with health and medical/accident insurance/funding.
- Applicants will be provided with a monthly allowance of amount €900 Euros, on a quarterly basis. Student scholarship funds will deposited directly into the student’s Italian bank account.
You may also apply for: University of Kent Bestway Foundation Scholarship 2022 in UK
Eligibility Standards for Italian Government Scholarships:
- The scholarship funds for the Master’s Degree program are offered to applicants who have completed a Bachelor’s degree in their respective country.
- You should meet the entry requirements and academic qualifications specified by the respective university/institute if you want to apply for a scholarship for one of the Italian AFAM courses.
- The candidates who want to pursue a Ph.D. degree in Italy must fulfil the entry requirements and academic qualifications established by their preferred Italian institution.
- Applicants must be not above the 28 years of age at the time of application for a Master’s Degree, AFAM Program, or Italian language and culture course.
- The students for the PhD program must not above the 30 years of age at the time of application
- Those students who interested in conducting research under the guidance of an academic supervisor. They should be under the age of 40 years
- Candidates who want to enroll in courses taught in English. They must describe proficiency in the English language by providing a language proficiency certificate.
- Students who want to enroll in an Italian-taught course. They are advise to submit a certificate of proficiency in the Italian language.
Deadline of Application:
June 9, 2022 is the application deadline to apply for the Italian Government Scholarship Program for Foreign Citizens.
Procedure to apply for Italian Government Scholarships:
- The application will submit online through the official website.
- You should first register and create an account on this website by visiting
- Fill out the online application form carefully.
- Provide all the required documents carefully.