We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
A teammate in this position learns the essential functions of the Driver’s job including the accurate and timely distribution of products to various customer locations. The Driver Trainee gains exposure to warehouse and other operational functions as part of the developmental process.
Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Further detail about this job is given below so read all the terms carefully.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a distribution center, transportation department, shop, and customer facilities.
- Working conditions could contain moderate noise, a vibration of vehicles, and extreme weather conditions depending on climate.
- Regular and frequent travel, including overnight.
- High School Diploma.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Meet eligibility requirements in the McLane Transfer and Promotion Policy.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
- Able to communicate with customers, management, and other teammates.
- Able to safely drive a tractor-trailer, use a 2-wheeled dolly, ramp, and onboard PeopleNet devices.
- Maneuver tractor into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
- Inspect tractor-trailer equipment for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Inspects trailer to ensure the product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
- Rides and trains with Driver Trainer of a tractor-trailer to various destinations, gaining knowledge of commercial driving regulations and observing the Driver’s skill in starting engine properly, approaching intersections, making turns, backing, parking, and maneuvering vehicle on the road and on customer premises.
- Assists the Driver in unloading trailer and delivering product into customer premises.
- Provides customer service including on-time delivery of undamaged products, product returns, and issuing valid customer credits.
How to apply for this job?
Are you ready to be a part of our energetic team? Fill out the form below and click the Apply Now button. Join us to be part of something amazing.